Trips (outside of W. Europe/Canada) before the Bonderman:
- Bolivia (three weeks, 2008) — Engineers Without Borders road improvement project
- Nicaragua (nine weeks, 2009) — Research on Nicaraguan NGOs, later published here
- Tajikistan (nine weeks, 2011) — Studying Persian (Dari/Tajiki dialects) on Foreign Languages and Area Studies (FLAS) grant
Countries visited during the Bonderman Travel Fellowship:
- South Africa
- Burkina Faso
- Afghanistan — not part of the official trip, visiting family for the first time.
Places I’ve passed through in transit (other than W. Europe):
- Latvia (one day, 2011)
- Peru (one day, 2012)
- Romania (one day, 2012)
- Jordan (two days, 2012)
- United Arab Emirates (three days, 2012)
Places I want to go to:
…basically the rest of the world. There’s not a place I wouldn’t go to.